Wednesday, August 12, 2009

TWD-Brownie Buttons

For this week's Tuesdays with Dorie selection, Jayma of Two Scientists Experimenting in the Kitchen selected Brownie Buttons on page 106 of Dorie's book, Baking: From My Home to Yours.
My first impression of these brownies were, "oh how adorable". But these little brownies made a big hit for such a little bitty thing. The batter didn't make very much. Dorie said we'd get about 16 buttons, and she was right on. I thought 2-3 each wouldn't be enough, but they were so chocolaty and rich, 2-3 was just the right amount. The orange zest was a nice flavor compliment to the chocolate and white chocolate flavors. These are great little party brownies and will keep them in mind for my next in home gathering. I give 'em 4 out of 5 stars. ****
(Please excuse the blue hue- Our computer has been crashing and we lost our photoshop. I think its time for a new computer!)

2 comments:

  1. Your brownie buttons look really pretty! So dainty and delicious! I loved the flavor combo for this brownie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little brownies look perfect and 1/2 was just the right amoun.

    ReplyDelete